Nyungnay Purification Ritual Practice - Retreat Sessions (2018 Ed.) - Includes A Pure Life and Drop of Essential Nectar
This special fasting and purification practice is performed in conjunction with Eleven-faced Avalokiteshvara. It is very powerful for purifying negative karma of body, speech and mind, and for pacifying strong delusions such as desirous attachment and hatred. It is also a special method for receiving blessings and improving our experience of love, compassion and bodhichitta.
Nyungnay Fasting Retreat Sessions is a specially prepared audio recording and includes two practices, Drop of Essential Nectar and A Pure Life. The recording has been arranged in accordance with the Nyungnay retreat format followed at Manjushri Kadampa Meditation Centre.
This special audio recording includes two sadhana practices, Drop of Essential Nectar and A Pure Life. The first is a special purification practice performed in conjunction with Eleven-faced (or Thousand-armed) Avalokiteshvara, the Buddha of Compassion. This is done annually at Kadampa Buddhist centres throughout the world in a two-day retreat – called the Nyungnay Purifying Ritual Practice – to celebrate Buddha’s Enlightenment Day. The second is the practice of taking and keeping the eight Mahayana precepts, which is often done on the 15th day of each month in Kadampa Buddhist centres around the world.
A complete explanation of each practice can be found in the sadhana booklets, A Pure Life and Drop of Essential Nectar, also available from Tharpa Publications.
The MP3 audio download has been specially prepared for Nyungnay retreat sessions. It includes:
- 4 sets of MP3 tracks (pre-arranged for the different session formats of the retreat)*
- Timed pauses following the retreat format used at Manjushri Kadampa Meditation Centre
- A recording of A Pure Life (Precepts), which is completed during the first session of each day of the Nyungnay retreat
- A recording of Drop of Essential Nectar, which is the basis for the remainder of the retreat
- Tagging of all files: Add the files to your MP3 player and they automatically appear in the correct order for each session**
- Printable PDF tracklist and notes: Includes annotation showing the location and duration of the pauses... very useful if you are coordinating a retreat at a Kadampa Centre
*If you are new to this retreat, there are 3 retreat session per day and the prayer sequence is slightly different for each session.
**Note that this pre-release version is chanted-only and does not include instrumental accompaniment. When this becomes available it will be automatically added to your Tharpa.com account.
|ISBN / EAN||GRP-DEN-PL|
|Details||Please click on the items above for details.|