The Oral Instructions of Mahamudra - English (2nd Ed) - Audio
Tharpa Publications is delighted to announce The Oral Instructions of Mahamudra Second Edition. In this special edition, Venerable Geshe-la has made numerous revisions and clarifications to guide the reader ever more confidently through the profound and world-transforming practice of Mahamudra – the very essence of Buddha’s teachings of Sutra and Tantra.
This precious book reveals the uncommon practice of Tantric Mahamudra of the Ganden Oral Lineage, which the author received directly from his Spiritual Guide, Vajradhara Trijang Rinpoche. It explains clearly and concisely the entire spiritual path from the initial preliminary practices to the final completion stages of Highest Yoga Tantra that enable us to attain full enlightenment in this life.
Following the root text of Mahamudra, The Main Path of the Conquerors by the First Panchen Lama, this remarkable book provides extremely clear and easy to understand explanations and insights based on the author’s experiences during many years of retreat.
What's new in this edition?
There are many illuminating revisions in this special edition, including:
- Completely new section entitled Guidelines for the Practice of the Four Great Preliminary Guides of Mahamudra
- Re-presentation and clarification of How to realize the emptiness that is selflessness of persons and How to realize the emptiness that is selflessness of phenomena
- Two significantly revised sadhanas:
- The Hundreds of Deities of the Joyful Land According to Highest Yoga Tantra
- The New Essence of Vajrayana
- Many other elaborations and clarifications!
Main subjects covered:
- Having identified our own mind, meditating on tranquil abiding
- Having realized emptiness, meditating on superior seeing
- Meditating on the central channel, the yoga of the central channel
- Meditating on the indestructible drop, the yoga of the drop
- Meditating on the indestructible wind, the yoga of wind
|Subtitle||The very essence of Buddha's teachings of Sutra and Tantra|