Help and Instructions for Downloadable Products
Here you can find answers to the most common questions we receive about Tharpa's downloadable products, and instructions on how to get your downloads on to the most popular devices.
If you are having problems with your download and cannot find the answers here pleaseincluding your order number, the title of the product you have purchased and an explanation of the problem.
What format of eBook should I choose?
- The .epub format is an open standard for e-books and works on most devices except Amazon Kindles.
- Tharpa epubs can be purchased from Tharpa.com/ca or iTunes. Purchases from Tharpa.com/ca result in a greater propotion of the proceeds going to the
- Mobi (Kindle)
- The mobi format is specific to Amazon Kindle but can be loaded on most devices by installing the Kindle app.
- Note that you need an Amazon account to view mobi files using the Kindle app.
- Tharpa mobi ebooks can be purchased from Tharpa.com/ca or Amazon. Note that purchases from Tharpa.com/ca result in a greater propotion of the proceeds going to the
- Mobi ebooks purchased on Tharpa.com/ca do not automatically appear on your Kindle device or app but can easily be sent to your device using the Amazon ‘send-to-kindle’ function.
What device and software do I need to read ebooks?
Tharpa ebooks (epub and mobi) can be read on most devices. You can read them on your smartphone, tablet, eReader or computer.
Whatever your device, you need to ensure you have suitable ereading software (an app) installed on the device first. Often, devices do not come with the necessary apps pre-installed so we recommend searching for ‘epub reader’ or ‘Kindle app’ in the marketplace of your device. You will find many suitable apps to choose from, most of which are free.
Below is a list of the most common devices including the ebook formats they support.
|Amazon Kindle 1
|Amazon Kindle 2, DX
|Amazon Kindle 3
|No (Yes, if the Duokan alternate Kindle OS (third-party software add-on is used)
|Amazon Kindle Fire
|Yes (By adding epub capable apps, such as Aldiko)
|Apple iOS Devices
|Barnes & Noble Nook
|Barnes & Noble Nook Color
|Mac OS X
* These devices require you to install a suitable epub reader app to view epubs. Search ‘epub reader’ in the app store for your device.
** These devices require you to install the Kindle app to view Kindle ebooks. Search ‘Kindle’ in the app store for your device.
How do I access my downloadable products?
- Navigate to the Tharpa store from which you purchased your downloads. (UK, US, CA etc)
- Click on Login at the top of the page.
- Once logged in, go to the 'My downloadable products' section (in the left column). From here you can select and download the digital items you have purchased.
My downloads have expired. What should I do?
EBOOK downloads - Quick overview
I’m having problems downloading EBOOKS onto my device
AUDIOBOOK downloads - Quick overview
I’m having problems downloading AUDIOBOOKS onto my device
Why does my audiobook come in a zip file and how do I use it?
Most Tharpa audio products are multi-track products and are provided in a zipped format. Providing them in a zipped format means that you have fewer items to download. Using a zip format makes the download process much simpler, but once you have downloaded them you do need to unzip/extract the files before using them.
Follow the instructions for your device in the AUDIOBOOK section above.