Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is Tharpa Publications?
Q: I know nothing about Buddhism, which books do you recommend for a beginner?
A: We produce a range of books for beginners, which are headlined in oursection of the website, all of which require no previous knowledge of Buddhism:
- is a clear and inspiring explanation of key Buddhist principles.
- is a special presentation of Buddha's teachings on compassion and wisdom that communicates their essence in a way that is easy to understand and put into practice.
- is an explanation of twenty-one essential Buddhist meditations that guide us step-by-step towards enlightenment.
- includes practical advice for transforming our mind, our relationships and our life.
- explains how Buddha's teachings can help us to solve basic human problems such as anger.
- is a clear and simple introduction to the very essence of Buddhist Tantric meditation.
Q: I want to learn to meditate, which books or CDs do you recommend?
Q: I'm placing an order for an NKT Buddhist Centre. What should I enter in the 'Purchase Order' field at checkout?
Q: When will I receive my order?
Delivery times, however, cannot be guaranteed, especially in the case of severe weather conditions or other circumstances which delay deliveries by the mail services. If you have not received your order within 7 working days, and have received no notification from us giving reasons for delay, please contact us by telephone or email. (For deliveries outside the UK, please allow 14 to 21 working days.)
Q: How much will postage cost?
Q: How do I return an item?
Q: I'm having problems placing my order over the Internet. What should I do?
Q: Can you recommend any meditation groups to learn to meditate?
Q: I'm having problems with my download. What should I do?
A: If you have purchased a downloadable product but cannot access the downloads please ensure that you have enabled your Tharpa.com account.
New accounts need to be 'enabled' by clicking on the link in the confirmation email sent when you set up your account. Occasionally these emails are filtered into the spam folder so please check in there if you cannot find it in your email inbox.
Once you have enabled your account by clicking on the link in the email you should be able to access your downloads by logging in to www.tharpa.com/uk and going to 'My downloadable products'.
if you need more detailed instructions on how to access your download.
If you have followed these steps but still cannot access your download please.
Q: Why does Tharpa only sell books written by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso?
Q: What happens to the profits from the sale of Tharpa products?